Sure, making nachos can be as simple as throwing some cheese on a bunch of tortilla chips and letting it melt. But, making great nachos is a whole lot more complicated.
There are important cheese to chip ratios and numerous other key ingredients to consider if you want a plate of nachos you can truly be proud to serve your friends. And, Chili’s seems to have perfected the science of nachos.
If you’d rather just crib from one of the experts, instead of putting in countless hours perfecting your own recipe, you can always opt to mimic the chicken fajita nachos. The recipe for Chili’s Chicken Fajita Nachos can be found here, and once you’ve snagged that up, all you’ll have left to do is find a big screen TV and a couple of friends.
Credits: Chef Ron
- 16 tortilla chips (Large and whole, not broken)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope of McCormick’s fajita seasoning mix
- 1 uncooked boneless chicken breast (cut in strips)
- 1 vidalia onion (cut in half and sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (cut in half, de-seeded, then sliced into strips)
- 1 jalapeno (de-seeded and cut in slices)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of pace thick & chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons guacamole (optional)
1. Saute Chicken, Onion, & Peppers as directed on the Fajita seasoning pack.
2. When done, drain mixture and set aside.
3. Place Tortilla Chips in a circle on a large plate or platter that is Oven proof or Microwaveable.
4. Layer Chicken, Onions, & Peppers on top of the Tortilla Chips.
5. Next, Layer Shredded Cheeses on top of the chicken, and top with Jalapenos.
6. Place plate in oven (350° just until Cheeses are melted) or microwave on medium.
7. When Nachos are ready, add the shredded Lettuce (in the middle of the plate or platter).
8. Top the Lettuce with the Salsa & the Sour Cream (and if you like, add Guacamole).
9. Grab a cold one and Enjoy!
Only for printing. Please do not copy and paste this recipe in facebook comment. Let people know about this site. Feel free to share your fan page provided you have the link to this page. If you copy and paste this recipe in your website be sure to have a link to this page. Similarly with the images, be sure to have a link to this website. Thank you very much. www.allfood.recipes