This is a simple and beautiful salad, and a staple at potlucks and luncheons for all people.
This is perfect for a Labor Day picnic! The perfect cool, crisp complement to all the grilled meats.
You can vary the ingredients according to your taste and what you have in your fridge.
Today we have these delicious ingredients in this salad
, cauliflower, Black Olives, Tomatoes, bacon, Peas, Eggs, Cheddar Cheese, Chicken, red pepper, Corn, chopped parsley
But best of this salad is this incredibly simple dressing, which is spread evenly over the top so as to “seal in” the ingredients below. After that, it’s refrigerated, then tossed on site just before serving.
Here’s what you need. You can switch up the ingredients, add in things that excite you, change the variety of cheese—the world is your oyster!
12 Layered Salad
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower, Chopped
- 4 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
- 8 ounces, weight Bacon, Cooked And Chopped
- 16 Cherry tomatoes or 2 whole Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 4 ounces, weight Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas, Partially Thawed
- 1 cup roasted chicken diced (I use chicken breast)
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup canned corn (drained) or frozen Partially Thawed
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (more To Taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients in this order (concentrating ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl):
cauliflower, cup black olives, tomatoes, Bacon, Peas, Eggs, Cheddar Cheese, chicken, red pepper and corn.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour over the top of the corn and spread to cover, bringing dressing all the way out to the edges of the bowl. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Toss just before serving.