It’s been a long week, especially for people here in New York.
After surviving “the Storm of the Century,” and its wake of power outages, flooding, and a shut-down transit system, we all deserve to kick back. Start you Friday night off right with some of these simple and classic cocktail recipes. Cheers to a safe and dry weekend.
Classic Daqiuiri Recipe
- 1/2 jigger (.75 oz) lime juice
- 1/2 jigger (.75 oz) simple syrup
- 1 jigger (1.5 oz) rum
1. Combine all ingredients with ice in a French-style cocktail shaker.
2. Shake vigorously to combine and melt much of the ice.
3. Pour into a pre-chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lime wheel. Serve immediately.
Pisco Sour Recipe
- 3 oz pisco
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz egg white
- Angostura bitters
To make the simple syrup, mix 1 oz. sugar with 1 oz. water in a sauce pan, bring to a slow boil, and simmer until the sugar dissolves completely. Let the simple syrup cool.
Though it may be easier to use a blender to make this cocktail, I prefer using a shaker because it results in a thicker foam.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a shaker and add enough ice to double the volume of the liquid mixture.
2. Shake vigorously until the ice is dissolved, about 1 minute.
3. Serve strained in a cocktail glass and decorate with 3 drops of Angostura bitters
- 2 oz Templeton Rye
- 0.5 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- orange or lemon bitters
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and pour over one large ice cube. Add three drops of orange or lemon bitters and garnish with a lemon slice.
Dark and Stormy Recipe
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups water
- Two 3-inch pieces ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 oz dark rum
- 3 oz Ginger Beer
- Lime wedge
To Make Ginger Beer:
1. Combine the lime juice, orange juice, water, ginger, sugar, cloves, and cardamom in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour into a bowl, and let cool.
2. Cover and refrigerate the ginger beer for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Strain before serving.
To Make Cocktail:
Fill a collins glass with ice. Add rum and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Clasic Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
What we have for your drinking pleasure, though, is the Classic Manhattan recipe.
- 2 oz rye Jim Beam Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes Augustura Bitters
- 5 cubes of ice
- 1 fancy mixer
Pour the Whiskey and Sweet Vermouth over the cubes into a lowballer cocktail glass. Add bitters, mix, and sip away.