Bring this classic American Macaroni Salad recipe from Allfood.Recipes to your next picnic, it’s perfect for an outdoor barbecue spread.
I love that it goes together so quick.
Tips: Add your favorites, for example, cucumber, pickles, bacon, red peppers, garlic, chopped fresh parsley, tuna, shrimp. You can also replace sugar with honey. If you like spicy add chopped jalapeno.
American Macaroni Salad
From Food AllFood.Recipes
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 10 min
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced white onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1/2 cup diced vine-ripened tomato (optional)
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise (you can add more if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, eggs and tomato, if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, paprika, curry, Greek yogurt and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.