As if french fries weren’t tempting enough on their own, this not-so-secret menu item tops a handful of fries with gooey cheese, deeply caramelized onions, and tangy spread. Watch the video to see how to make our take on this decadent dish.
Animal Style Fries Inspired by In-N-Out Burger
For the secret spread:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the animal style fries:
- 1 cup cooked french fries
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices American cheese
- Make the secret spread: Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, dill pickles, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Make the Animal Style Fries: Add oil and diced onions to a sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until deeply caramelized.
- Add slices of cheese directly over hot french fries, and top with caramelized onions and a squeeze of the secret sauce.