Slice into a warm apple breakfast or brunch treat. All you need is 15 minutes of prep, and it’s in the oven.
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 eggs
- Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously grease 9-inch glass pie plate with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Add apples; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add Bisquick mix; stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time; continue beating until smooth.
- Spread batter in bottom of pie plate. Arrange apples on top to within 1 inch of edge of pie plate.
- Bake about 23 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown. Serve immediately. Drizzle with syrup.