I can honestly say I’ve never had a dessert quite like this before. I was powerless when it came to trying them after my brother Nate (the same one who gave us the recent pumpkin bread recipe) insisted that this is his wife’s favorite dessert of all time. All time. Ok. That’s a pretty rave review. It made me start considering the worth of making the recipe
Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Prize-Winning Recipe 2007! Oatmeal cookie mix and pie filling make it easy to get a delicious apple pie-like bar.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 2 Place cookie mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 4 Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust. In medium bowl, mix pie filling and cinnamon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 5 Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes. Refrigerate to chill, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.