Sweet apple halves are each wrapped in biscuit dough and poured over with a buttery sauce that’s laced with vanilla and cinnamon. They’re baked until golden and served hot.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated flaky
- biscuit dough
- 4 apples – peeled, cored and halved
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter a 7×11 inch baking pan. Separate biscuit dough into 8 pieces. Flatten each piece of dough into a circle. Wrap one biscuit around each apple half and place, seam side down, in pan.
- In small bowl, combine sugar, water, melted butter and vanilla. Pour mixture over dumplings in pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden. Serve hot.