Apple Mango Cream Cheese Bars
Made with a cake mix and fresh fruits. I created this original recipe taking advantage of the fruits of this season, the summer gives us these beautiful mangoes juicy and aromatic, and apples available almost all year.
You are free to make your homemade cake, but I wanted to save time and in this case using box cake
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 pkg dry cake mix-white, yellow or french vanilla ( or make your own recipe)
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup fresh mango cut into small cubes (about 2 mangos)
- 1 cup fresh apple cut into small cubes (about 2 apple)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly.
- Set aside 1 ½ cup crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the mango and apple and placed onto partially-baked crust.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy.
- Spread over top of peaches.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving; Serves 12.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.