Apple Pie Cookies
I cannot stay away from apples. With the arrival of fall, it just feels so natural to eat apple-y things! It seems like everything I have been pinning lately has been fall-ish and apple-y. I know those probably aren’t real words but they should be!
- 1 Box of frozen Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 sheets per box)
- 1 cup apple pie filling-chopped into small pieces
- 1 Cup of Caramel Sauce (just enough for a light coating)
- 1 Egg..for egg-wash
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon/Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Nutmeg
- Flour just for sprinkling
- A round cookie cutter..any size you like
- Lay out a sheet of Pie Crust, sprinkle it with some flour and slightly roll it out, just to increase its surface area.
- Cut circles of dough as seen in the image
with the other pie crust cut strips to form a lattice in each cookie
- In each circle put caramel sauce and sliced apple
- In each cookie form a lattice
- Brush the top of them with some egg mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and nutmeg.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Let cool slightly.