INGREDIENTS (2 Servings):
- -1 Pumpkin Squash (halved, pulp removed, & seeds set aside)
- -1 Cup Old Fashioned or Steel-Cut Oatmeal (cooked)
- -1 Medium Sweet Potato (cubed)
- -1 Granny Smith Apple (cubed)
- -1 Tbspn Light Brown Sugar
- -1 Tspn Vanilla
- -1 Tspn Cinnamon
- -1/2 Tspn Butter
- -1/4 Tspn Nutmeg
- -1 Pinch Salt
METHOD to the MADNESS:
- -Pre-heat Oven to 400 Degrees & Grill to HOT.
- -Place Halved Pumpkin on Baking Sheet & Cook for 1hr or until Flesh is Tender.
- -Place Sweet Potato in Oven at same time as Pumpkin & Cook for 45min-1hr or until Tender.
- -Mainwhile apread Seeds across a SEPARATE Baking Sheet w/ Pinch of Salt & Bake for 30-45min.
- -Once Seeds, then Pumpkin & Potato have been removed from Oven… TIME TO GRILL.
- -Gently Spread Butter across Brim of Pumpkin Flesh, Flip Top-side Down over Grill.
- -Grill for 4-6min TOTAL, Turning 1/2 Turn after 2-3min.
- -Remove from Grill & Set aside to Rest.
- -In Medium Dish, Cook Oatmeal (1:1 Oats to Water).
- -Remove Oatmeal from Cooking Dish & Stir in Sugar, Cinnamon, & Nutmeg.
- -While Oatmeal Cools, Cube Potato & Apple.
- -Spoon Oatmeal into Halved, Baked, & GRILLED Pumpkin.
- -Top w/ Cubed Sweet Potato, Apples, Baked Seeds, & Final Dusting of Brown Sugar / Cinnamon.