If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make pasta recipe to add to your weekly/monthly recipe rotation, try this sun-dried tomato and mushroom pasta in a bacon and basil sauce. The combination of flavors in this dish is SO GOOD, it’s a pure comfort food that you will be tempted to eat right out of the pan:
- 250 g pastas, ( your choice)
- 6 slices canadian bacon, chopped
- 9 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hot chili peppers, seeded,deveined and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained & chopped
- 2 minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mild salsa, your choice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook Pasta according to instructions, plan to have it ready just as the sauce is finished.
- Fry chopped bacon until almost crisp, drain fat.
saute onion, add garlic
- Add mushrooms and saute for apprx 5 minutes.
- Add Chilies, basil, sundried tomatoes and saute until heated through apprx 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and salsa heat until bubbling
- Pour over drained cooked pasta & toss.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese & I hope enjoy.