Bacon wrapped asparagus makes a delicious side dish. On the table in less than 30 minutes, this makes an easy and elegant asparagus recipe perfect for entertaining.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Total Time: 45 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 18-20 asparagus stalks
- 9-10 thick cut bacon slices, cut in half to make 6-8 pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap 3-4 stalks with a piece of bacon. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and repeat until all asparagus stalks have been wrapped with bacon pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture over the asparagus bundles.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and roast until the spears have begun to wilt and the bacon looks fully cooked, about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve.