I’m in Texas at my sister’s house this weekend, and I have been enjoying cooking with her today. We made some yummy appetizers, Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites. These were quick to put together and were tasty little morsels.
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Wooden skewers or toothpicks
- Soak skewers or toothpicks in a dish of water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Put the brown sugar in a shallow bowl and dredge each half slice bacon in the brown sugar.
- Take one pineapple chunk, place on one end of a bacon slice and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- After all pineapples are rolled, sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the top.
- We baked them on a broiler pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. They could also be baked on a rack on a baking sheet, just something that will keep them up out of the juices that are released. After baking, crank up the broiler and broil for 3 minutes – but no longer – so the brown sugar doesn’t burn.
- A tasty little appetizer!
Recipe and Photo credit:auntnubbyskitchen / CC BY-NC-ND Facebook: AuntNubbysKitchen