Fix it and forget it when you bake delicious whole-grain oatmeal. Soymilk and maple syrup are the surprises.
Baked Apple-Raisin Oatmeal
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled apples or pears (2 medium)
- 2 2/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups plain or vanilla soymilk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- Additional soymilk, if desired
- Chopped toasted walnuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. In casserole, stir together apples, oats, raisins, cinnamon, salt, soymilk and syrup.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 50 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Pour additional soymilk over each serving; sprinkle with walnuts.