Sometimes you just want something quick, and easy, and that everyone will eat. That is what this was for me. I set the crock pot up in the morning with the ingredients for the chicken, let it cook on low all day, came home and rolled these up and 30 minutes later I had a pan full of taquitos that weren’t going to expand our waistline too much, for once, and that even my kids really, really enjoyed.
Start by placing 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts into your crock pot with 1 cup of salsa, 1 small can of green chiles, your seasonings, and 1-15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked. Shred the chicken with two forks, or by tossing it into your stand mixer with the beaters attached and turning on low for a minute or two. After it is shredded, place back into the slow cooker.
Add in a can of rinsed black beans.
And two cups of shredded cheese.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
• 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 – 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
• 1 cup salsa (your favorite kind!)
• 1 small can diced green chilies
• 1 TBSP mild chile powder
• ½ tsp onion powder
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 – 15 oz can black beans, rinsed well and drained
• 2 cups shredded cheese
• 10 – 12 flour tortillas, burrito sized
• Place trimmed chicken breasts into crock pot with the fire roasted tomatoes, salsa, green chilies, and seasonings. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
• Shred the chicken with two forks, or by tossing it into your stand mixer with the paddle or beater attachment and mix on low until shredded. Place meat back into crock pot, and add in the rinsed and drained black beans and cheese. Stir well and keep warm until you fill your tortillas.
• Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and roll up. Place on a prepared cookie sheet and spray the tops of the tortillas with additional cooking spray.
• Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and slightly crunchy.