Baked Pasta with smoked sausage, cheddar and gouda cheese, and heavy cream
The casserole idea is this: Disparate elements are combined, sauced, topped, and baked until yummy. This is a hearty, filling meal that’s full of flavor!
Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Portions: 689
Tip: Use gluten free pasts to make the dish gluten free
- 1 package smoked sausage, sliced (you choose how much to add, there are people who like little sausage, I have placed 4 ounces)
- 2 ounces smoked bacon shredded
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flake (optional)
2. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage slices and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. In another skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the cheddar cheese, 8 oz of gouda cheese and the cream. Stir until the cheese ie melted and it forms a creamy sauce. Add the red pepper flakes. Add the sausage, bacon and cooked macaroni.
5. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 4 oz of gouda cheese on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until it bubbles and the cheese is melted.