Baked potatoes are easy and quick to make and they’re actually good for you! What a delicious, simple to prepare potato dish!
Baked Potato with Bacon and Cheese
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- 10 strips bacon in pieces and cook until crisp.
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or monterrey cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
First line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the potatoes and slice in half. Dry the potatoes and place them on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, place 2 tablespoons butter and melt in microwave for 20 seconds, must be liquid, repeat another 20 seconds if necessary.
- Drizzle the butter and sprinkle the salt over the potatoes.
- Toss with your fingertips to coat then arrange them cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and for 30 to 35 minute until golden or try a fork to check they are tender
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the cooked bacon, cheese, pepper flakes and parsley on top.
- Place back into the oven and cook another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove and serve!