This easy to make Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake is ooey gooey and delicious. Make it for dessert or even brunch!
You know a dessert is good when you literally have to take the fork out of your husband’s hand to stop him from eating the entire cake.
“This is dangerously good,” he mumbled through a mouth full of warm cake.
Well folks… looks like we have a winner! This Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake has a layer of bananas and coconut with a brown sugar sauce infusing every bite.
Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake
- 1 BettyCrocker yellow cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 bananas sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream on low until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Place banana slices evenly on the bottom of the two cake pans.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and lemon juice and heat until dissolved. Pour half of the brown sugar mixture into each of the 2 round cake pans over the bananas. Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar sauce.
- Pour cake batter on top of the coconut into the two pans, dividing equally.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving dishes. Slice to serve.