This cheesecake recipe comes out light and creamy in the best way possible just like the famous restaurant version it mimics. The banana flavor is vibrant and fresh. When you serve the cake, it is best to top it with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. Eating this cheesecake will be a truly divine experience.
Copycat Recipe: The Cheesecake Factory’s banana cream cheesecake
What you need:
- 20 nilla wafers
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup mashed bananas (about 2)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place wafers in a blender or in a food process. Blend until finely crushed.
- Add melted butter and blend well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10″ pan and place in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and cornstarch. beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200°F continue baking 75 minutes
- Cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.