These bite-sized cookies are packed with good-for-you ingredients and are easy to make with little (clean!) hands. Kids can measure, stir and roll cookies from start to finish. Experiment with other mix-ins like almonds, cashews or raisins.
See full video step by step
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Time 45 min
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
• 1/2 cup finely ground walnuts
• 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots and/or dates
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine bananas, applesauce, oats, walnuts and apricots and/or dates in a large bowl until evenly blended.
- Scoop out 1 heaping tablespoon and roll into a ball.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
To freeze, layer cookies between waxed paper and store in an airtight container for up to one month.
Nutritional Info: Per Serving: Serving size: 1 cookie, 35 calories (10 from fat), 1g total fat, 6g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 1g protein.