The Best Banoffee Pie You’ll Ever Make.
This is a pudding that is difficult to resist. Loved by the whole family, this recipe for Banoffee Pie is easy to make and takes no time at all.
Serves 12 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Chilling time: 1 hour
- 250g (9oz) digestive biscuits
- 100g (3½oz) butter, melted
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- grated chocolate, to decorate
You will also need:
23cm (9in) loose-bottomed tart tin
1. To make the base, process the biscuits until like fine crumbs then tip into a bowl. Stir in the melted butter. Using a spoon press the mixture into the base and up the sides of the tin to make a pie shell.
2. Spread the caramel over the base – do not over beat or the caramel will become runny, simply spread with a spoon or spatula. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Slice the bananas and scatter over the base. Whip the cream to soft peaks and spoon over the bananas. Top with grated chocolate or cocoa.