What’s better than a hearty, tasty casserole, you ask? Basically nothing!
This one is full of beef and potatoes – with lots of cheese for added yumminess – and it’s guaranteed to make (and keep) the whole family happy! No need to get into a cooking rut, this is just the thing to spice things up again!
BEEF AND POTATO SCRAMBLE CASSEROLE
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (your choice), peeled and diced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (186 C) and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute potatoes until tender. 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add ground beef and onions to the skillet and cook until beef is browned and onions are tender. Season with garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Drain fat from pan and transfer beef and onions to the same bowl as potatoes. Place beef, onions and potatoes into greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and eggs, and stir in cheddar cheese. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables and stir everything together.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and everything is warmed through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from: 12 tomatoes