Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers
Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers is a tasty stuffed peppers recipe seasoned with tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, garlic, and onion. Stuffed peppers make a great meal. Not only do they taste good, but they look nice as well.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 45 min
- 3 large green peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Kraft Original BBQ sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped fine
- 1/ 2 cup Shredded Italian Five Cheese Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the peppers in half and clean out the seeds.
- Trim each half a little to make the 2 tablespoons of chopped pepper.
- Cover peppers with water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to boil, turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool peppers.
- Meanwhile, mix tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup sauce mixture to ground beef and mix well.
- Mix the chopped onion, 2 tablespoons chopped peppers with the meat mixture.
- Place the pepper halves in a greased casserole and spoon the meat mixture equally in the halves, pressing it firmly.
- Pour remaining sauce over peppers and bake uncovered 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours. If you have any extra sauce, put a little on top of the peppers and Shredded Italian Five Cheese Blend after 45 minutes of baking.