Beefy Taco Dip
This beef taco dip is best served warm, when it’s at its thick and gooey cheesy best. Full of shredded cheddar, it’s not a creamy kind of dip, like you’d get if you used cream cheese or Velveeta or Cheese Whiz. So it requires a sturdy chip.
This appetizer is big and hearty, and full of beefy taco flavor. Some might even be tempted to just call it supper…ahem.
Whether serving this for a graduation party, as part of your upcoming Super Bowl spread, or for supper tonight, you’ll soon taste why this dip stands the test of time.
Ingredients:Beefy Taco Dip
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning*
- 1 can (8 oz) Hunt’s Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12-14 inch pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Serve with chips.
*For a “cleaner” taco seasoning, try this:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Yield: 16-20 Servings – perfect for any Super Bowl Party!