Beer Battered Fish made with fresh cod filets dipped in seasoned beer batter and fried until golden brown and crispy, EASY to make and ready in only a few minutes!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 pounds cod cut into 5 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces beer
- canola oil for frying
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a dutch oven to 365 degrees.
- Dry the cod well then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour with the garlic powder and paprika, then add in the egg mixing well before whisking in the beer slowly.
- Dip the fish into the batter then carefully into the oil frying until golden brown then remove to a wire rack (not paper towels or newspapers, it will steam).