A simple pan-fried chicken teriyaki lacquered in a shiny sweet soy sauce glaze,
placed on white rice and steamed vegetables.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8minutes
- 12 ounces chicken thighs (boneless skin-on)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon sakedivided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 cup of white rice
- Steamed vegetables at your choice
- First rub the chicken with ginger and salt, let stand for 35 minutes.
After 35 minutes clean the chicken with paper towels, removing all ginger.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and place skin side of chicken in the pan and fry until browned on one side.
Turn the chicken and place 1 tablespoon sake, cover and let steam continue cooking the chicken. it may take about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the teriyaki sauce
mix 1 tablespoon honey, mirin, sake and soy sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Remove the lid and drain the liquid and the remaining oil. It is a good idea to use a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Increase the heat to high, then add the teriyaki sauce. Let this mixture boil while turning the chicken several times to coat evenly.
- The teriyaki chicken is done when most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce thick enamel forms around the chicken.
Slice and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken teriyaki.
Serve with white rice and steamed vegetables