BEST EVER STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD…with fresh summer berries & a sweet and tangy vinaigrette it will blow your mind!
Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad
SERVES 6 | ACTIVE TIME 15 Minutes | TOTAL TIME 30 Minutes
Candied Pecan Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 shallot onion sliced, or 1 small withe onion sliced
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 (5 ounce) package Parmesan cheese crumbles
Candied Pecan Directions:
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, water, vanilla, and kosher salt, stirring to combine (don’t worry that the sugar and salt won’t all be dissolved). Set this at-the-ready, next to your stove, as this recipe goes really quickly.
- In a medium-large saucepan over medium heat, toast pecans for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. When you begin to smell a lovely, nutty aroma, they’re done.
- Quickly drizzle the sugar mixture into the pan, on top of the pecans, stirring the nuts as you drizzle. Stir constantly for about 15 seconds, until the pecans are thoroughly coated in the sugar mixture. Immediately remove from heat so they don’t burn.
- Spread the pecans on a piece of parchment to cool. Once cooled, you can break the nuts apart, if needed.
- In mason jar combine dressing ingredients. Seal and shake until well combined. Set aside on the counter.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach, onions, strawberries and quinoa.
- Pour about 1/2 of dressing over salad, and toss.
- Top with avocado, cheese and candied nuts. Serve remaining dressing on the side.