Biscuit Beef Pot Pie
An easy, economical and delicious Beef Pot Pie with vegetables in beef gravy. Topped with refrigerator Biscuits, this Pot Pie is as quick to make as it is tasty!
- 1 pound trimmed boneless beef sirloin steak, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas & carrots, about 1 1/2 cups or you can use frozen stew vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut in half
- Cut trimmed steak lengthwise in half then crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry the beef for a minute or 2 until it is browned and remove from skillet to drain on paper towels. Set aside. Do not crowd skillet, fry the beef in batches if necessary.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and water to the skillet you fried the beef in. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in gravy, frozen peas and carrots (or frozen stew vegetables), and thyme. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in browned beef. If skillet is not ovenproof, transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Arrange biscuit halves in a ring on top of beef pie mixture. Bake beef pot for 12 to 14 minutes, or until biscuit topping is golden brown.