A fun way to celebrate is by making (or buying) blood orange curd, which goes especially well in these Blood Orange Tassies! They couldn’t be yummier – sugar cookie cups filled with Blood Orange curd and whipped cream, and topped with a cute pinch of Blood Orange zest.
Yum. Yum. YUM.
Some people define the seasons of the year by the weather.
I define them by the fresh produce!
And it just so happens that we are in the midst of one of my favorite times of year – blood orange season!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good naval orange. But there’s something about the extra sweet, deep flavor of those blood oranges and their beautiful vibrant color that gets me extra excited – so much so that a few extra blood oranges find a way of mysteriously jumping into my shopping basket each time I see them.
So a fun way to celebrate is by making (or buying) blood orange curd, which goes especially well in these Blood Orange Tassies! They couldn’t be yummier – sugar cookie cups filled with Blood Orange curd and whipped cream, and topped with a cute pinch of Blood Orange zest.
Yum. Yum. YUM.
- Here’s the how to!
- Start with some refrigerated Pillsbury Ready To Bake Sugar Cookies. This stuff is awesome!
- Spray a mini muffin pan REALLY WELL with cooking spray. I prefer the cooking spray that has flour in it – helps the cookies come out extra easily.
- Form a single ball of sugar cookie dough into a little cup.
- Then press each cup into your greased pan(s).
- Bake them for about 15 minutes, or until nice and golden and cooked through. They will poof up when baking, but don’t be alarmed – they will sink back down. Let the cookies cool to room temperature, then carefully remove from the pan.
- Fill each cookie with some blood orange curd, then pipe or spoon on some whipped cream.
- Zest up a blood orange, and then sprinkle the zest on top of the cookies.
- These little guys are best served immediately while the whipped cream is fresh. Aren’t they cute?
Blood Orange Tassies
- 1package Pillsbury Ready To Bake Sugar Cookies
- 1 jar (12 oz) blood orange curd
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon grated blood orange peel
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups liberally with cooking spray. (The baking spray containing flour works best.)
- Press each cookie dough ball into the bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie cups from pan. Fill each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons blood orange curd. Then pipe or spoon on a dallop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with blood orange peel.
- Serve immediately.