Oh. My. Goodness. If you love bacon, blue cheese, and indulging in some naughty comfort food, I have a fantastic recipe for you today.
Blue Cheese Bacon Fries
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag frozen fries
- 1 cups cooking oil
- 1/2 pack bacon, diced
- green onions
- blue cheese to garnish
For the blue cheese Cream Sauce:
- 3 oz. blue cheese cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Heat cooking oil to 250 degrees, add fries and cook until crispy, according to package directions.
- While fries cook, add diced bacon to a pan over medium heat and fry until crispy, drain, set aside.
- To prepare the blue cheese cream sauce, in a medium stock pot melt butter over medium heat, add flour and whisk well for about 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, boil for about 2 minutes.
- Add cheese and seasonings and whisk well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat, sauce will thicken as it cools.
- To Assemble, top fries with cheese sauce, bacon, green onions, more grated cheese if desired.
Image credit: dluxmadison.com