Blue Rock Candy
It is very very easy. mix together all of the ingredients, heat on a stove, boiling (and not stirring) until the temperature reaches 300 degrees, and then pour onto a covered cooking sheet until cool. once it is all the way cool and hardened (about 30 minutes), you can break apart and enjoy!
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp flavoring extract
- blue food coloring
- candy thermometer
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a medium saucepan.
stir until boiling.
- after liquid begins to boil, do not stir until finished.
once boiling, place candy thermometer in liquid and monitor closely. when liquid reaches 300 degrees, take off heat and set aside.
- allow to cool until the bubbles quit breaking at the surface of the liquid.
- pour liquid onto a foil lined (and non-stick sprayed) baking sheet
- allow to cool until fully hardened. you can then break apart to the size desired.
Recipe credit: Thecookierookie.com