Summer time, time of blueberry. better than making a cheesecake with fresh blueberries, this year my tree blueberry, has enough fruit, so I have to try this recipe..
Recipe adapted from Thesouthernladycooks.com
Pecan Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons, melted
- Combine all ingredients and press into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Combine ingredients and mix on high for 3 or 4 minutes. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all topping ingredients except lemon juice and bring to boil on top of the stove stirring constantly so as not to burn. Cook for 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from stove, stir in lemon juice and let cool. Pour over cheesecake after it has been refrigerated for 3 hours.
- Keep this cheesecake refrigerated. Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Enjoy! Note: You could use any fresh fruit with this recipe such as strawberries or blackberries.