It’s amazing that a split second could result in something SO spectacular! I simply went to the fridge looking for some Blueberries and stumbled upon some Egg Roll Wrappers waaay in the back. I knew I needed to use them up, and my craving for Blueberries wasn’t going anywhere, so into the Pantry I went for my ‘Blueberry back-up plan’~~uh-huh, Pie Filling!
Blueberry Egg Rolls
16 egg roll wrappers
1 can (21 oz) blueberry pie filling
1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
oil for frying
powdered sugar ( optional )
- Lay one wrapper out with a corner facing you. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of pie filling and 1 tablespoon of fresh/frozen blueberries in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper.
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry egg rolls in small batches for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Recipe credit: spendwithpennies.com