Isn’t it time you layered brie, and fat slices of ham, maple syrup and fresh blueberries all between two slices of cinnamon-swirl bread? Yeah. That’s what we thought.
We gotta break it to you. It’s time you break up with breakfast. I mean, breakfast is sooo last season. It’s like lame. It’s like the same-old, same-old routine…..Blueberry Monte Cristo
Start here. Right here. With these ingredients.
And now, a moment of silence as you scroll through the step-by-step splendor that is putting this sammy together. Grab your hankies — there will be tears of joy…
Blueberry Monte Cristo
- 4 sliced cinnamon swirl bread
- 1/2 cup brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pound thick-cut ham
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4up powdered sugar
- Lay the four slices of bread onto a clean work surface. Place brie on top of two slices, then press blueberries into the brie. Drizzle blueberries and brie with maple syrup. Place ham on top of the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the bottom side of each sandwich into the egg mixture, then transfer to a hot grill pan. Dip the remaining two pieces of bread into the egg mixture, then place egg-side up on top of the sandwich. Cover the grill pan and allow to cook over medium heat until the brie begins to melt and the bottom bread is golden brown. Flip to the other side, cover, and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove sandwiches from the grill pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve and eat like a sandwich, or slice in half and drizzle with more maple syrup for a stuffed-french-toast kind of a meal.
- ALTERNATE PREPARATION: Cook your sandwiches in a sandwich maker or panini maker. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.