I have been fighting a terrible cold for over a week and I’ve had no desire to cook big meals.
I was craving a skillet breakfast so I decided to make it for dinner. My kids don’t like eggs so I made them French toast to go with the tasty breakfast potatoes. I piled up a plate of potatoes with cheese, bacon crumbles, green onions and an over easy egg on top for me and my husband. It was extremely tasty and we both enjoyed it. Sometimes breakfast for dinner is the best!
Ingredients for Breakfast Skillet:
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5-6 quartered crimini mushrooms
- 2 pieces Canadian Bacon
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-4 eggs
- salt & pepper
Notes: Notes: Serves 2. Top with one or two eggs cooked to your preference.
1. Prepare the potatoes. Clean and peel the eyes from potato. Par boil to soften. I
usually cover the cubed potatoes with water and microwave for a couple minutes.
Drain water and add to a hot skillet with a small amount of olive oil. Saute until
potatoes begin to turn golden brown.
2. Add onion and pepper. Saute a few minutes until softened.
3. Add mushrooms and Canadian Bacon. Combine and be mindful that the heat can
cause the small Canadian Bacon pieces to “jump” from the hot skillet.
4. Add spinach and garlic. Combine and lower heat.
5. Prepare eggs and serve immediately. Enjoy