Oh yes! Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Soup that’s quick, easy, and entirely from scratch! This homemade is filling and flavorful and is always met with a request for seconds by my family and friends.
This recipe for Broccoli and Cheese Soup, and it’s quickly become one of my all-time favorite soup recipes. This is incredibly easy to make. I love this recipe specifically because it uses almost exclusively fresh ingredients. Fresh broccoli, fresh cheese, and a smorgasbord of other non-processed foods are featured in this recipe. You can totally eat this and enjoy it without worrying about what unknown preservatives are in it! It comes out quite hearty, as well, making it perfect for cooler days when you need to re-energize. Why don’t you check out the recipe for yourself, at the link below?
Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 10 oz. package frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs flour
- 14 oz. can of chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dash of pepper
- Place broccoli in a colander and run hot water over it to thaw.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute the onion until clear.
- Stir in flour; add broth and half-n-half or milk. Keep stirring until it comes to a boil then add cheese and broccoli.
- Turn down heat and simmer five minutes until broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened.