A Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta. This frittata was absolutely delicious and savory.
I used whole eggs, fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese, and Sriracha sauce.
I have used all the organic products but you feel free to use what you like most
Of course, if you are on a diet I recommend that you only use the egg white.
I have also seen this dish made with duck eggs
Duck eggs are slightly larger than regular chicken eggs and are a little more calorie dense. Duck eggs are rich and velvety with very little flavor in the yolk.
Remember that quality ingredients make quality dishes which promotes quality of life.
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 15 min Total Time: 25 min.
Macros: 130 calories per slice. (recipe based off 4 slices) May vary depending on amount, brand, and type of ingredients.
- 3 duck or chicken eggs (or egg white)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 TBS cheddar cheese
- Sriracha sauce
- Chop onion and garlic Cook until browned and add broccoli.
- In a small bowl scramble eggs.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add the onions, garlic, and broccoli to the skillet. Pour eggs over the mixture and add cheese on top.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add Sriracha sauce