Today was one of those days I ve been craving chocolate. Not only was I craving chocolate I was craving a lot of it and I used the kids as an excuse to fill my chocolate craving. The kids wanted a snack and I Said how about cookies? And how well you can Imagine That Went over. YEAH !!! I made this recipe from scratch, rich brownie cookie dough chocolate chip .. I think this satisfies any palate .. and this is enough chocolate for me
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided as described in recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chips in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt. Cool.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at medium with an electric mixer. Add dry ingredients, beating well. Add chocolate mixture, remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using medium cookie scoop, drop 1 inch apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.