Absolutely great recipe-made these for Christmas and got rave reviews. Have made the recipe at least four times since then and the brussels sprouts always turn out great. This recipe is easy to prepare and make.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Total Time: 40 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 chopped chives
- 1/4 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 slices slab bacon, cut into lardons
- 1 block Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise, from top to bottom.
- Toss the sprouts with olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Toss in the oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Put the chives and red bell pepper in a small saute pan with a splash of olive oil and bring the pan to a medium heat. Cook all until it is crispy
- Put the bacon in another small saute pan with a splash of olive oil and bring the pan to a medium heat. Cook the bacon until it is crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan.
- Toss the roasted Brussels with the crispy bacon and chives and red bell pepper. Using a peeler, shave a few slices of Parmigiano on top.