While the restaurant is best known for making decadent and delicious cheesecakes, The Cheesecake Factory is no one-trick pony. Buffalo Blasts are a prime example of where else the menu excels; these deep-fried wontons stuffed with fiery buffalo chicken and creamy cheese are a must make for your next party.
The Cheesecake Factory’s Buffalo Blasts
Recipe credit: Popsugar
Yield: 32 buffalo blasts
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Celery sticks
- Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce, for serving
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Mix together the shredded chicken, monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface, and spoon 1 tablespoon of the buffalo chicken mixture into the center of the wonton. Lightly moisten the edge of the wonton wrapper with water, and fold 1 corner diagonally across to the other corner to create a triangle. Press the wrapper together at the seam to seal. Lightly brush the wonton with egg white, and dip the wonton into breadcrumbs on both sides to coat. Repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350ºF. Fry wontons in batches for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and golden brown. Place wontons on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil, and serve warm with celery, buffalo wing sauce, and blue cheese dressing.