Attention Buffalo chicken lovers: these Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese Cupcakes are just for you!
I had a lot of fun creating these Buffalo Chicken Mac n’ Cheese Cupcakes. Buffalo flavored anything is always welcome in my home so getting to mix Buffalo flavor with macaroni and cheese was a hit just waiting to be created.
-Start off by preparing some mac ‘n cheese according to the package directions.
-While the macaroni and cheese is baking, line each muffin tin with two wonton wrappers. We’re putting two wrappers in each tin because we’re going to load these babies up with mac n’ cheese and chicken. And if this is your first introduction to savory cupcakes, wonton wrappers are the perfect quick cooking ingredient to hold your favorite filling.
-Once the macaroni and cheese is finished, we’re going to Buffalo-ize it with some Buffalo sauce and some chicken. I only added two tablespoons of Buffalo sauce, which gave it a healthy kick but if you like it hotter, by all means go for it!
-Mix it all together and spoon it into the wonton-lined muffin tins.
-If you’re a hard-core Buffalo lover you can add some blue cheese sprinkles to the top — as much or as little as you want.
-Add some sliced celery for some freshness and crunch.
Whether you serve these as an appetizer or the main meal, Buffalo lovers will love these!
Buffalo Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese Cupcakes
- 1 box macaroni and cheese (and ingredients called for on the package)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 3/4 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 talespoons Buffalo sauce
- crumbles blue cheese
- celery sliced for garnish (optional)
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package instructions.
- While macaroni is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place two wonton wrappers into each muffin tin overlapping slightly to create a cup.
- Once the macaroni is prepared, place it in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and Buffalo sauce and mix together.
- Spoon mixture into the wonton wrappers evenly. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Remove cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the pan for a couple of minutes. This will help them maintain their shape.
- Remove cupcakes and add sliced celery if desired.
Recipe and Photo credit:tablespoon / CC BY-NC-ND