Bunny Butt Cake
He was looking for a cake for Easter, I found this in betty crocker and it was love at first sight. I find it interesting to share it here on my blog. I’m a big fan of the easy creations but I look amazing … like when people say: OMG! looks amazing!
Is this funny bunny digging in the dirt and raiding the garden of carrots? Hop to it and make this all chocolate bunny butt cake recipe before he gets away!
You can make your own bunny cake!
After you have baked your cake according to the recipe, here’s how to assemble!
Place bowl cake on tray cut side down. Use frosting to adhere cupcakes to bowl cake for feet and bunny tail. Use toothpicks if necessary. Place marshmallow halves, cut sides down, on tops of 2 cupcakes to make heels of feet.
Spread thin layer of frosting over side and top of cake to seal in crumbs. Freeze cake 30 to 45 minutes to set frosting. Then spread the remaining frosting. Follow the directions on either Bunny Butt Cake recipe to get your desired effect!
Prep Time 40 min
Total Time 3 hr 40 min
- 1 box cake mix (You choose the flavor (I made chocolate)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Tray or cardboard covered with wrapping paper and plastic food wrap or foil
- 1 container Creamy vanilla frosting
- Red food color
- 1 large marshmallow, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups coarsely crushed chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 40 cookies)
- 2 strawberry or cherry stretchy and tangy taffy candies (from 6-oz bag)
- 1 roll Fruit Roll-Ups punch berry chewy fruit snack (from 5-oz box)
- 3 green-colored sour candies, separated into strips
- Construction paper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 1 1/2-quart ovenproof bowl (8 inches across top) with shortening; coat with flour (do not use cooking spray). Lightly grease 3 muffin cups in regular-size muffin pan.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Pour cake batter in 3 muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Pour remaining batter into 1 1/2-quart bowl.
- Bake cupcakes 17 to 21 minutes, bowl 47 to 53 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from muffin cups and bowl; place rounded sides up on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour. If necessary, cut off rounded tops of cakes.
- Spoon all but 2 tablespoons of the frosting into large bowl. Add red food color to the bowl to make desired pink color. Place bowl cake on tray cut side down; spread 1/3 cup frosting over cake. Use frosting to adhere cupcakes to bowl cake for feet and bunny tail. Use toothpicks if necessary. Place marshmallow halves, cut sides down, on tops of 2 cupcakes to make heels of feet. Spread thin layer of frosting over side and top of cake to seal in crumbs. Freeze cake 30 to 45 minutes to set frosting.
- Spread remaining frosting over cake, using reserved 2 tablespoons white frosting to frost the bunny tail. Sprinkle with coconut; press gently to adhere. Surround bunny with crushed chocolate cookies. Use rolling pin to press strawberry candies into 2 large rectangles. Cut 2 large ovals and 6 small circles out of candy. Press onto bottoms of bunny feet, using frosting if needed.
- Roll up fruit snack to make carrot shapes. Cut green sour candies in half crosswise; press into large end of each carrot to make greens on carrot. Cut ears from construction paper; wrap ends that will be inserted into cake with plastic food wrap. Insert into cake. Remove ears, plastic wrap and toothpicks before serving. Store loosely covered.