This cake is practical and can be for many uses. You can also add fruit in it if you wish
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an round cake mold (9 in). Line bottom with parchment or wax paper, or dust lightly with flour.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat butter and white sugar until fluffy and light in color. Gradually add eggs, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Stir until just blended . Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack to cool completely.
Blueberry Cake variation: add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg to the dry ingredients and stir 1 cup fresh blueberries into the batter before baking.