My family enjoys when I cook these biscuit. They are so easy to do !! They swell and fine golden butter. The top and bottom are crisp and buttery while the interior was very soft. Simply delicious!
Butter Dip Biscuits
Yield: 9 biscuit
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- You will need: a pan ovenproof 8×8
- Place the melted butter in pan 8×8
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients, flour, salt, sugar and baking powder
- Now is the time to add the buttermilk, do it slowly and evenly mix, the batter will be slightly sticky, do not worry, that’s ok
- Press biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter)
- This will not be perfect, but remember that it is homemade.
- Some of the butter will run over the top of the dough, that’s ok
- Take a sharp knife and cut the biscuit dough into 9 squares before baking. Bake for about 20-25 minutes
Recipe adapted Bettycrocker.com
Step by step images