After years of testing, trying and enjoying peanut butter pies I finally think it’s perfect! And of course it’s given me plenty of time to put my own twist on it. I’ve made this several times into small pies instead of a large one and it’s perfect because everyone gets their own individual pie! Plus they can be individualized if someone doesn’t want certain garnishes on top.
1 1/2 cups chocolate graham crackers, crushed (1 packet, 9-10 crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar, crushed
- 8 ounces PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, unthawed
- 8 oz ounces Cool Whip Extra
- 8 mini pie pans
- 2 Butterfinger candy bar, crushed (divided into 2 bowls)
- 1 ounce mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate shavings
- 1 ounce crushed peanuts
FOR PIE CRUSTS: Mix together first three ingredients (chocolate graham crackers, butter and one Butterfinger). Divide mixture evenly among eight mini pie pans
, and press firmly into bottom and sides. Put pie shells into freezer to chill until ready to fill.
FOR PIE: Mix together next 7 ingredients (PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, vanilla extract, dark brown sugar, granulated white sugar, creamy peanut butter, and Cool Whip and 1 cup Butterfinger candy bar, crushed). Beat on med-low for 30 seconds, then scrap down sides of bowl. Beat on high for 1 minute. Pie filling is now ready.
TO FINISH: Evenly divide pie filling into eight mini pie pans
. Garnish each pie evenly with the 8 oz ounces Cool Whip extra, crushed Butterfing, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate shaving, and crushed peanuts (all optional). Cover each pie and freeze for at least two hours before serving.
ADDITION: This can all be made into one large pie that serves 8 or into 8 mini pie pans
for parties and other get togethers.