So cute, and SO GOOD. It is a fun and eye-catching thing to bring to a Christmas party, or a fun addition to your Christmas day breakfast. It is a great idea !!!
See Video Step By Step
Candy Cane Cheese Danish!
- Two tubes of crescent rolls
- 1 package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- a dash of vanilla extract (or to taste)
- 1/2 can cherry pie filling (I use that comes with 20% more cherries)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoon milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a small bowl and mix well
- Open the crescent rolls and set 2 aside
- Lay out the crescent roll sections in the shape of a candy cane
- Use a knife to help shape it , if needed
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the candy cane shape
- Spoon pie filling on top of cream cheese mixture (dont let it get to close to the edges ..see video)
- Using the remaining two roll sections, cut off long strips, twirl and lay on top of your filling to create a candy cane look.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
For the Glaze
- Mix together ingredients alternating between powdered sugar and milk until desired consistency is obtained add vanilla extract. Enjoy!!