Chocolate candy filled with a creamy, boozy caramel center!
Look. Sometimes you want to sit around and eat bonbons. I get that.
And sometimes you want to be a little tipsy while doing so. Ain’t no shame.
It’s just that we’re all so busy. There’s no time for eating and drinking all at the same time. I mean, why drink your booze when you can eat it? Why eat normal candy when you can eat special candy?
You like the way I think, don’t you?
Let’s do this.
- Prep Time 60 min
- Total Time 4 hr min
- Servings 90
- 3 pounds chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1 oz.) envelope hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel sauce
- 1 (1 oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup caramel-flavored vodka
- Add water and hot chocolate mix to a medium-sized sauce pan. Whisk to dissolve hot chocolate. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle gelatin over mixture and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk mixture together and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Whisk in sugar and continue simmering for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes. Stir in vodka and place in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave according to package directions. Work in small batches, melting just enough to fill a small squeeze bottle.
- Squirt the melted chocolate into bonbon mold, covering the mold with chocolate. Drop 3/4 teaspoon caramel mixture into the chocolate mold. Squirt more chocolate on top to cover and fill mold. Repeat with remaining molds. Gently drop the mold on the countertop to release air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before removing candies from the mold (to allow time for the gelatin to set after being warmed from the melted chocolate). Store covered in the refrigerator