The fans always ask for gluten-free recipes and healthier, this is a Gluten-free cake and probably pretty low in fat, considering the fact that the recipe didn’t call for butter or oil, but just coconut, almonds and a lot of carrots. This makes it pretty healthy is also ideal for children who do not eat many vegetables!
Carrot Coconut Cake
- 300 grams (10.5 oz) finely grated carrots
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams (5.25 oz) blanched and peeled almonds, finely ground
- 150 grams (5.25 oz) sugar
- 150 grams (5.25 oz) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- grated coconut to drizzle over the cake
- Finely grind the almonds with the sugar and mix them with the grated carrots.
- Add the coconut flour, the eggs and the baking powder, blending everything together.
- Scrape into a 24-cm (10-inch) cake pan and bake for 10 minutes at 160°C (320°F).
- Raise the temperature to 180°C (350°F) and bake for an additional 40 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Drizzle grated coconut over the cake