These chocolaty no-bake bars are filled with peanut flavor.
These are definitely one of my favorite things to do with Golden Grahams cereal. I’ve been making these since I was a little girl and still love them. I also leave more of the marshmallows unmelted to stir in with the cereal (maybe 2 or 2 1/2 cups) because they are just better that way. Also, you can’t complain about the gooey thing…that’s part of the charm. Plus, you can set them up in the freezer much quicker than in the fridge if they are needed at a sleepover party STAT!
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows (5 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (9 oz)
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (13 oz) Golden Grahams® cereal (8 cups)
- 1 Grease 13×9-inch pan with butter. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and remaining 4 1/2 cups marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2 Pour cereal into large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows.
- 3 With buttered back of spoon, press mixture in pan. Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. Store loosely covered at room temperature. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.